Saturday, April 23, 2005

Some obvious advice for blog visitors

Blog veterans out there will no doubt cluck their tongues at my ignorance, but in an effort to publicize this blog, I've searched for other blogs referring to the G4 and posted comments with a link to this blog if I was able to do so.

However, I also included an undisguised email address when asked. Whoops...I've since been deluged with literally thousands of junk mails as spammers have taken my personal domain name and used it to generate a flood of spams to other domains. Of course, when those domains kick back error messages, they all come back to me as if I sent them. It's taken some serious tweaking of my ISP's content filters to effectively deal with the deluge.

Lesson learned: No email addresses in blog comments!

No comments: